Saturday, June 6, 2009

Project Day

Today was project day. It all started a couple of weeks ago. I was painting an apartment and had to remove several shelves from the walls in order to complete the job. The past residents had put up shelves that were not supposed to be there. I figured that nobody would miss the shelves if I took them home with me, they would probably be thrown away otherwise. So, I brought them home and announced to Kim that I wanted to make a bookshelf. She was very excited because she has wanted a bookshelf since before we were engaged. She was kind enough to let me think that it was my idea when we all know that she had just been waiting patiently for the last year for me to get around to it. I started working on the project last night when we bought one board for the back of the shelf. This is Kim...very thrilled to be at Lowe's on a Friday night.


This morning after I finished all of my chores (cleaning out the garage, tidying up my room, etc...) I started working on the shelf. Here are a few photos of me working away.


After I finished priming the shelf Kim took to sketching her design all over it. I thought that it looked nice in white, but she had other plans for it...


I left for the MTC at 5:00 and came home around 9:30. Here is the artist and her work.


Its only one side, so there is still more work to be done, but doesn't it look fabulous! Here's to project day!

3 comments:

  1. I got the other side and the top done today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, it looks beautiful!!! Awesome painting job! Good job Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are both amazing painters. Nice work. You should have no problem when it comes time to decorate the nursery. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete