- She outlasted the two other goldfish that came with her (Cheddar, Oct 17-20 2007 and Thunder, Oct 17-Dec 28 2007)
- She passed 11 Glenwood cleaning checks when I wasn't supposed to have a pet
- She traveled from Utah to Washington by car in a Mason Jar (I opened it at rest stops to let air in)
- Survived 4 months under the care of 5-year-old Nathan (while I was in europe) who tried to pet her periodically
- She traveled from Washington back to Utah in a Mason Jar
- She starred in a full length youtube video
- Finished 1 &1/2 containers of fish food
- Brought Joy and happiness to all who watched her.
Monday, October 19, 2009
So my goldfish, Diamond, died today. I'm pretty sure I got her October 17th 2007, just over two years ago. That means I got her even before I met Cameron. To remember her, I would like to commemorate some of the accomplishments of this remarkable fish in her short but full life.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Just wanted to let everyone know, that I scored my first goal in a soccer game since about 6th grade this week!
I'm playing on an intramural team with my sister and my brother's girlfriend and their roomies (pretty much I'm the old girl on the team). I always play defense, and we were ahead 6-0 at the half, so they let me play up and passed the ball to me. The goal I scored was like the 8th or so, so no one else really was excited, but I was pretty stoked -and Nathan was pretty impressed when I told him on the phone- he was even more impressed that it was the 8th goal, because let's be honest, that's a pretty big number.
Monday, October 5, 2009
These really are about the most fantastic/easiest dessert ever. They are my go-to when I remember last minute that I am supposed to bring a dessert because I pretty much have everything on hand.
This recipe is simplified and reduced from the version that I learned working in the BYU Pastry Kitchen that makes 216 brownies and uses 10 pounds of brown sugar. This one makes a more manageable 24 brownies (a 9x13 pan).
BYU Butterscotch Brownies
1/2 cup margarine
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
opt. 1 cups walnut halves
Cream margarine and brown sugar. Add eggs, and vanilla. Combine with baking powder, salt, and flour, mixing just until batter is consistent. Add walnuts. Spread in 9x13 baking pan (try to make it even, but it will melt and spread out a little). Place in oven at 350 for about 19 minutes- Watch carefully, they burn easily! Take out when an inserted knife comes clean and they have fallen.
Cream Cheese Icing
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
Combine and spread on cool brownies.
Top with crumble heath bar- YUM!