Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The L'Oreal Project

So for those of you that have been following me in my quest through the L'Oreal Brandstorm competition, it is finally over! I competed in finals last night, our group did fantastically and pretty much everything went smoothly. We didn't win though- I talked to our adviser though after, and he said that they loved us and we were one of the teams talked about a lot while they were making decisions. Anyway, the group headed to nationals are all very talented and down to earth people, and I totally support them.

But I did want to post some of the stuff that our group came up with. The assignment was to develop a men's beauty product range for Diesel clothing company (on an unlimited imaginary budget!). Based on a ton of research, we decided to go with a men's shaving line we call Fire&Ice because each product feels either warm or cool to the touch. Here is my product design:
The second portion was to create a 2-year advertising plan. We came up with some crazy stuff like "skyline tagging" having the name written in skyscraper lights.Then I got to design some crazy fun print advertising. The idea is based around the fact that alot of things that women say they want about beauty products, men (deep down inside) also are looking for. Which, let's be honest, is a pretty funny idea.Anyway, the whole thing was a blast, I got PLENTY of photoshopping practice in, and I got some fantastic Ralph Lauren perfume as a prize!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I bet the presentation was awesome! I was going to ask you how the whole project was going... Who won? Anyone I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you know them, it was team "synergy" Craig Wakefield, Jessica Black, and Peter Tidwell.

    ReplyDelete