Saturday, December 19, 2009

One down, like a gazillion to go

Yesterday, we got to go to the wedding of my high school friend Hilary, which of course caused us to reflect on our wedding...I know, it was fast for us too, but on the 30th we will have been married a whole year. I'd like to take a moment to review the things that have happened in the first year of our marriage:

January started out with our honeymoon vacay in Cabo. After a fantastic trip we were greeted by snow and yuk in provo. I started a new job and Cam got his research grant, which allowed us to
move into our new apartment! Which meant the next couple weeks we spent acquiring furniture. I lost the mail key. And we studied our way into...

February where we spent the first Valentine's day together that I wasn't sick to my stomach (a nice change). We got curtains and finally got everything moved in just in time for...

March lots of school, midterms, and finishing our wedding thank-you-notes. Cam's family came to visit and we flew kites in 40 degree wind. A nice transition into spring and...

April We went on an awesome backpacking trip in Arches National Park. We slept out in the middle of nowhere on an air mattress in our tent.

In May we went rafting with the fam and Cam tried his darndest to scare me to death. We listened to the twilight books on audiotape as we drove most of the way around the western states. I also started my Blog so I have someone other than Cameron to tell about my life (not that he doesn't care, he is just usually there...)

June I got the internship with BYU Athletics Marketing, and traveled around to parades. I started my jungle shelf and took my cake decorating class (I work cheap guys, seriously!) KayCee came to visit and I got called into the primary. Cam studied for the OAT.

July we took the infamous hike up Y mountain, and thought about patrioticness. Cam got called into elder's quorum and studied for the OAT.

In August Cam rocked the OAT and hiked Mt. Timp. We went Camping with Tiffany and Co. and got mildly sunburnt. It was a great last hurrah before...

September (my birthday month) we started up our last year of school. I got to be on the football game sidelines and Cam... got to watch. Then we celebrated the twelve days of my birthday.

October Cam got into Pacific University. We said goodbye to diamond, but gained Spencer... (listed in the ward directory as our child, which makes us the worst parents ever because we didn't know about him.)

In November 17 people came to Thanksgiving dinner at our cute little apt. We went "camping", dancing, and I spent all my imaginary spare time working on my L'Oreal Brandstorm project which I presented the first of...

December so far has been just finishing this semester, decorating for Christmas, baking, and hanging with family. With December 30th fast approaching we doubt there's any way next year can be quite as eventful as this one.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I've been admiring your blog background, I LOVE its subtle changes! Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete