Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pink Elephant


This visual arts minor is easily one of the awesomest decisions I've ever made. In my sculpture class the last month we have been doing stone carving. Yes, it’s exactly what it sounds like: chisel + hammer and occasionally sandpaper.

Pretty much I decided to make an elephant, because I couldn’t think of anything else I would like to have carved in stone and displayed in my house for the rest of my life… and it was a neat coincidence that they had pink alabaster in stock.

Here he is in his place on the jungle shelf.

He just fits so well in the family

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! How much do you owe Cameron for that pose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. What's his name? Spencer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was reading a book and didn't really notice... I think Spencer is the perfect name for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty soon you will be selling your own line of carved rock bookends. Lois K

    ReplyDelete