Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Snorkel

On Saturday I had a long day of focus groups lined up, so I bid Cam farewell at 9, and told him I would be back around 3. Well, it turned out that around 11:30 I had to stop at home to get something and I found Cameron in the middle packing- he told me he had packed all the camping stuff. I told him he was so great for doing packing while I was gone. I went into the kitchen and came back just in time to see Cam stuffing a frisbee into his suitcase.

That's when the red flag went off.
Kim- "Cam, you're packing the camping stuff so I don't know what's in there aren't you? You're packing it without me so I can't throw it away aren't you?"
Cam-"...uhhh"
Kim- "open the suitcase"
Cam- "Uh-uh"

Finally I manage to convince him to open it. You'll never guess what was in there...
Exactly what it looks like... two frisbees, a tennis raquet I've never seen him use, lots and lots of rope, a camping stove and the stand he made out of a hanger, a lifetime supply of emergency blankets, his cargo net, other miscellaneous "gear" and...
Buried under everything else.

11 comments:

  1. so is the snorkel going to make the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. I can't stop laughing!! That boy ALWAYS has lots of rope with him! Oh, and I bet that the snorkel will stay until it dies; at which point it will be replaced with a newer, better one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I have to have Cam's side on this one :) He NEEDS that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So i'm sitting in english reading this, and i could not help but laugh out loud. Oh Cameron... I swear he sounds like a guilty 5-year-old here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah, SO funny. That's the Cam i know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, hilarious! Don't make him through away all these useful things, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so in my defense, I did not begin packing with the intention of sneaking in my gear, but once packing, I saw an opportunity and took it. And by the way, Kim has never seen me play tennis because we only have one racquet.The only logical thing to do is to hold on to the one we have so when we come across another, we will then have two and can play together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait untill you have golf clubs and then we can go golfing like stuck up old men cam... SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea if it's making it at this point. But that suitcase is still wistfully packed up and at his bedside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Mark, the trunk of my car has a special snorkel compartment. Lucky for you I won't be bringing mine to graduation so it would be such a shame to waste the space all the way home. This sounds like a win-win to me.

    ReplyDelete