Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Today Show

I guess you know you're a party animal when you get up and go to a concert first thing in the morning... at least the kind of party animals that still make it to work on time...

Yesterday, that happened to be about 5AM- when we got up to go watch The Today Show's Summer Concert Series, which happened to feature The Script (Which is a fantastic band for those of you who may not know)! The line to get in the plaza where the concert was went around the block by the time we got there at 6:10, but we still managed to get a decent spot (which got better over the next 2 1/2 hours as many tourists that were in front of us had to leave). At about 8, The Today Show Hosts came out with their special guest for the morning...
which happened to be Cameron Diaz (didn't see that coming). Then at 8:30 The Script came on: It was pretty fantastic... Here's a little taste:
It was fantastically fun, and then I still managed to make it to work by 9:30- a great and energizing way to start a day. We're thinking about going again.

For those of you interested, here's how it all looked on TV:

4 comments:

  1. I think my favorite part about all of this is the sheer number of people who are all doing EXACTLY what you are doing (filming it with their cameras).

    What an AWESOME experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I probably saw you on TV. I watch the today show every morning until 9 and then I watch the Price is Right. What fun; you picked a good day to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog! I hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete