My first day in New York was... new. Yes, lots of new experiences. First, Kim went to work today and had a great time there. She probably wants to blog this herself, but she has her own cubicle, name plate, outlook account and phone extension! She had a great time at work today. I don't have any work yet, but we're trying to remedy that situation quickly; actually, I spent most of the day looking for a job.
I started out this morning by walking down broadway st. and asking every restaurant with waiters between 120th and 98th if they were hiring. I got 5 or 6 "come back tomorrow"s. So we will see what happens then. I also lined up two interviews for jobs posted on craigslist and started the application process with Columbia University. It was a good job hunting day.
Besides all that I:
- had lunch in my overheated 7th floor apartment
- took the subway all by myself
- accidentally ended up in the middle of Harlem (see #2)
- found out what "the projects" are (see #3)
- found a bus all by myself to get out of the middle of Harlem (see#4)
- got drenched in a freak thunderstorm
- applied to work at a hotel as I waited for the storm to pass
- bought groceries for 3 times what I would pay in Utah
- ate dinner with Kim in morningside park