Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Jersey, New Apartment

Not a new apartment in New Jersey, that's why I used a comma rather than a colon. However both did happen this week.

Our last apartment was on the 7th floor of the building, overlooking the Hudson and New Jersey. Cam and I decided that it really would be a shame if we could see New Jersey but we never went there. We decided on Sunday to walk across the George Washington Bridge into New Jersey.
It actually took us less than an hour to get across. The scariest part was all the bikers racing passed us. That and the fact that the bridge is so incredibly high! On the New Jersey side we found a park and Fort Lee from the revolutionary war. Here's looking back from the Jersey side. You can barely see it, but there is a little red lighthouse down at the foot of the bridge. That should help give some perspective about how huge it is!
Then on Monday we found out we are finally getting moved into our own room! For all you who have expressed concern about the size, I just wanted to let you know that it's much larger than I expected!
Although we love not having roommates anymore, we discovered that our shower doesn't really work. In order to make water come out the top you have to constantly hold the button, which is lame but hey- I'm just counting my blessings that I haven't seen any cockroaches in this room either.
Home Sweet Home!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! PS I LOVE your background. Seriously, you have the coolest background out of all the bloggers I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how easy-going you are and just taking everything in stride. Life is great when you treat it as one big adventure!

    ReplyDelete