Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chalk Festival

Today was the annual Forest Grove Sidewalk Chalk Festival! You show up and they give you a box of chalk and a square of the sidewalk in downtown Forest Grove. Despite threatening morning clouds, Cam and I decided we were going to risk it:
Cam got involved too- he did a great job helping with the gradient backgrounds. It started sprinkling, so we pulled out our umbrellas.
Tuh duh! I had other plans for the background, but it was too hard to draw where it was soaked. Just moments after we finished, the rain really started coming.
But it was still fun- here were some of my favorite squares that survived the rain:

6 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME activity! I think your art looks awesome, and I love the cat as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Very very cool. Yours is seriously impressive. What fun! Too bad about the rain, but just heightens what we all know about chalk drawings anyway -- they don't last forever -- though the marriage depicted in yours will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, that is amazingly cooler than the stuff the 3rd graders crank out in our town... they're cute, but yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-I never knew you were such a great artist. Too bad all that beautiful artwork got washed away so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Update- after 3 days of rain, Cam and I walked over to see how our square is doing... it's a little faded, but the outlines are still all there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's the perkiest thing I've seen all day.

    ReplyDelete