Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Gross Discovery

I'll admit that I am generally afraid of bugs. If I see something crawling up the wall, I will yell for Cam to come get it without even stopping to figure out what it is. If it's on the ceiling, I'm won't even blink for fear it will jump off at me.

So I was at work last week, and there were no cups in the cupboard, so I opened the dishwasher and started pulling out the top shelf, and there was a cockroach sitting on a plate. I screamed and tried to shut it with my foot which didn't work out well. At this point one of the sales guys walked in and asked what was up, and I told him so he came over to look. Right then, the cockroach jumped onto the dishwasher door and scuttled into the hole where the latch goes. Nick tried to shut it quickly and squish him in the latch, but he missed.

Since then I've been afraid of the dishwasher. A few days later we had a work party and I looked everywhere and there were no paper plates, so I had to use a regular one. Afterwords I very cautiously opened the dishwasher and was carefully inspecting before reaching my hand in-- right then, my boss came in and startled me. He said "woah... are you scared of the dishwasher?" I told him the story, and he said "Yeah, but you should be okay now, when they really like it is right after it runs and it's all hot and steamy in there." That's when I put together that every dish that comes out of there has probably had a bug on it... after it got washed.

But, as my boss pointed out, they must be pretty clean bugs to live in the dishwasher.

2 comments:

  1. I would be scared of the dishwasher, too! I HATE cockroaches!!! But yes, they probably are pretty clean bugs in that dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete