Sunday, December 26, 2010

Year Two in Review

With our anniversary coming up this week, it looks like it’s already time for the (2nd) annual Year in Review!  This has been a pretty nutty year for us, so brace yourself… ready? Here we go!

January: Which was the start of our last semester at the Y. I designed icons for a budding website about dairy products in my imaginary spare time and Cameron enjoyed his interior design class and made a snowman over eight feet tall. It continued to snow into…

February: I took pictures of everything and everyone for my photography class (including Cameron when his eye broke). Cam spent the month physically exhausted from his beginning swimming class. I spent the month with my fingers physically exhausted from using my track pad to put my portfolio together.

March: Started on a sad way when the new ward directory came out and Spencer was gone. However it picked right up when I was invited to LA to meet with the marketing folks at Nestle. We competed in the Samba at dancesport, and didn’t do so poorly for a couple of white kids.

April: Was a whirlwind of finishing projects, and packing important things the way up to our graduation from college! The next day we packed up every thing that we could fit into three cars, made the 12 hour drive, (which turned into 16 with the jeep dying) and moved everything into grandpa’s garage for storage.

May: We went to my sister’s wedding on the 1st, and early the next morning we flew to New York! I worked downtown at my internship and Cam worked on not getting mugged. Cam found a job showing apartments in the Bronx (he’s so hardcore). We had our first roommates for awhile… and then moved into a studio. We walked to New Jersey, and took a bus to Boston.

June: Cam still managed to not get mugged, and I won the Wicked Lottery (again).  We said goodbye to our adventures in NewYork and took off on our epic East-Coast tour. We stayed in D.C a few days, then hit up Charlottesville, Willamsberg,, and Garner, NC. We then spent 17 hours on busses through 4 more states to get to Columbus, OH for my brother’s wedding. After a jaunt to Cleveland and Kirtland we finally flew home… oh wait we didn’t have one.

July: Was spent as “homeless, jobless, vegabonds” as my brother so kindly put it. Both our parents so graciously put up with us while we waited for our promised apartment to be vacated. I looked for a job and Cameron started training for the teaching job at Kaplan. We wakeboarded, rafted, and swam for our lives into…

August: We moved into our apartment, and no longer had to live out of suitcases. We went on a backpacking trip with Cam’s sibs.  We decided it was time to try to be normal people, so I got a real job and Cam made jam and read books until…

September: When Cam finally got to start optometry school. He spent his Saturdays listening to BYU football on the radio. I learned about yoga and jalapenos. We also rocked the sidewalk chalk festival.

October: Cam learned about anatomy and pharmacology. I learned about cabbage and started listening to my podcast playlist during my epic commute. We scared tons of small children with our “Monster Car” and planned out the next 50 years of our life to make sure we don’t get boring.

November: Cameron became tight with our local raisin people. We both got callings (me to relief society, and cam to the Young Men’s). We rocked the booksale, spent thanksgiving with Cameron’s Family, and I got a new beautiful camera.

December: Cameron took Finals and taught a high-speed online class for Kaplan. Between study sessions he made a telescope and crocheted Christmas presents. Kim ate off paperware to reduce bug consumption.  

Wow, that was an action-packed year! I know what your thinking… how could next year possibly be as interesting? Well, we thought the same thing and decided we couldn’t do it without some help. That’s why in June we’ll have a new addition to the family... yup…you just heard that. But no worries, these former vegabond wanderers are far from finished with their crazy adventures. 

10 comments:

  1. Best Christmas suprise EVER!!!! I'm stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm honored your visit here made the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kim! I'm so excited for you and Cam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still so excited for you guys :)

    By the way, I know Cameron thinks it's a boy (like you could know already!) But if by chance it's a girl, I have a ton of fun dresses for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So which Candyland character are you going to add to your blog to represent the kid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! This is Amanda (formerly Aagard). You're having a little baby! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congrats! Sounds like a fun-filled year, and you're sure to have another one with a baby on the way. I hope you're feeling good, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what an awesome year!! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival! You will be awesome parents, I know my kids wanted you for parents at times. ;)

    ReplyDelete