Thursday, January 27, 2011

How Cam Saved My Life

...or at least my vision.

Last week Cam had a class assignment that he needed to practice giving a slit lamp exam on four different people. During the exam, he noticed that I had some corneal neovascularization (extra blood vessels growing in my eye because it cannot breathe) which probably has something to do with the fact that I've worn contacts for 14 hours daily for the last 10 years. You see, I was so relieved when I got my contacts in 7th grade that I didn't have to wear glasses that I never wore them again.

So he made me go in to the eye doctor to save my vision. After a two hour appointment during which Cameron, two other students, and the actual doctor throughly examined my eyes, It was determined that I was going to be okay... but we needed to make some changes. I was given more breathable contact lenses and told that I really should get glasses so I'm not wearing contacts all the time.

We went glasses shopping today, and I found something I could live with:

5 comments:

  1. of course you would get pink glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Contacts freak me out. I can't get them in :) I know, I'm one of THOSE people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute glasses, make sure you wear them every once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete