Monday, January 24, 2011

No, we don't know yet

I received several very concerned calls in the last couple of weeks that a memo had been missed. To put all your worries to rest, no, we do not yet know if we are having a boy or a girl. However, the ultrasound date is set (one week!).

While you can't vote (it's already been determined), but we wanted to let you try your hand at guessing. You are welcome to skip ahead and do the poll, but in case you aren't sure, here are some facts to get you started:
  1. Cameron is confident that we're having a boy. Why? "Because a boy should come first."
  2. My BFF who is an RN says that statistically, boys are more likely to cause morning sickness, so If I didn't have that problem, it's more likely to be a girl.
  3. My extended family has a "curse" of having boys. I have 4 girl cousins and 10 boy cousins (the girls are youngest in their families). Similar one-sided numbers extend back for generations.
  4. My parents have been the one exception to the "curse" with 3 girls and only 2 boys. 
  5. I was told that ultrasounds can accurately determine gender about 90% of the time... what if we're the other 10% (like we were with morning sickness)?

11 comments:

  1. I think it's a girl. And here's why: Horch cousins have girls first. With only... one exception? Jill's little boy. I think that's the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps, but we're entering a new age. Bryson and Whitney just found out that they are having a boy. I'm feeling good about BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guessed a boy because I saw a little boy in a dream. But I always guess wrong too (In fact, I think I am 0-5).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know what you've been craving and what has been on your "do not eat or smell" list. I have a theory that you crave sweets with girls and meat and salty foods with a boy. I voted that you are having a girl because of the lack of morning sickness.
    Oh, by the way, Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys and can't wait to hear names. Perhaps Cora? Poor, poor Cora Horch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, boys make you sicker? Because every woman I've ever met (which admittedly isn't all of them) is sicker with their girls than with their boys. I think it has something to do with extra girl hormones...

    Still, I guessed girl, for mostly the same reasons as Courtney :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a girl guesser too. Courtney took the words right out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, I'm going for girl, just because of the morning sickness issue. All Whitney wanted was Doritos and frozen pizza, so it only makes sense that we would have boy! Sadly, your child didn't really feel like it wanted anything in particular...typical girl activity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah- That's tough... the only thing on my don't eat list has been minty toothpaste. As far as what I want to eat, I guess cereal and toast are both slightly more sweet than salty...but those are cravings I've had long before being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, we don't have access to your family blog...unless you're trying to keep it a secret from cousins.... Sorry to hijack your comment board Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No problem Bryson... I read that and realized I don't have access to her blog either.
    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dad says he knew what we were all going to be before we were born, could Cam have inherited that trait?

    ReplyDelete