Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our First Baby Project

Technically we started this back in November, but we simply couldn't post it then or we would have given away the surprise! We we're just hanging out on a Sunday and decided to make a baby quilt. Since we don't shop on Sundays, we had to piece it from leftover fabrics that we had around the house. Which means that if you've been around us much in the last few years you probably recognize a few of these:
Cam is a great project buddy because he likes to do the boring stuff like ironing. I'm such a project rusher I would have left it all wrinkled and hope it flattened out in the wash. Instead, Cam ironed each piece meticulously, and then for good measure ironed every piece of fabric in my scrap pile so that I have no excuse to be wrinkly now. 
Can you tell which gender he thinks we're having?

6 comments:

  1. I love the combination of colors! So cute! What are you going to do if it's a girl??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... probably hide it and bring out the pink blanket I made for my laurel project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Horchs have inherited an AMAZING amount of talent, men and women alike. My husband likes to do crafty projects, too! How lucky we are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We thought our baby was a boy too. 50/50 chance!

    ReplyDelete