Friday, March 18, 2011

Leprechaun Pranks

Most people think that all you are supposed to do on St. Patricks Day is to wear green. At my house growing up we actually had leprechauns that would do stuff and leave behind tiny green paper footprints and gold coins... kind of like the Easter Bunny, but more mischievous and with fewer marshmallow peeps. Besides, everyone knows if you catch a leprechaun you get a pot of gold.

I went over to my parent's and was recruited to help them carry out a series of leprechaun pranks. At 8 years old, Nathan was getting suspicious that the leprechaun that pranked him every year was mom or dad... so my job was to do some of them while they were gone (like color the toilet water green). I have to hand it to my parents for creativity--I think my favorite one was that they slipped a frying pan into his backpack (he didn't notice until he got to school). When he went to bed last night he told me he was glad that the leprechaun came to his house, even if it did mess up his room.

On a completely different note, I saw an awesome sale on snack-packs this week, but when I told Cam about he suggested that I probably didn't need large quantities of snack-packs. When I got to my parents it warmed my heart to see that they bought 10 4packs. There's no place like home!

1 comment:

  1. There's something else that most people do on St. Patty's day then wear green, just not LDS people.

    ReplyDelete