Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer Reading

If you haven't read this book you should stop what you're doing and read it now--there are only two months left for peak Dandelion Wine reading season! Seriously though, start it now and pace yourself to finish at the end of August.  I just finished it again (I know, I didn't take my own advice) this book seriously is written sunshine.

Extra points for reading it outside in the grass, a hammock, or a tree.

The book I've been plugging away at this summer is American Grace (the book that Quentin L. Cook Mentioned in his April General Conference address). I feel kinda nerdy about this one because it's basically the results of a massive survey about religion turned into a book, so it's not exactly a page turner... but I think it is really interesting to follow trends in our society as changes in religion happen (and the other way around).
The Five People You Meet in Heaven I actually just finished this afternoon and I loved it. It's a quick read by the guy who wrote Tuesdays with Morrie.  I liked this one even more, because it's less about death and more about how connected our lives are with other people. Wholeheartedly recommend it. 

1 comment:

  1. You would like a book about trends, and I must admit that Dandelion Wine is probably more enjoyable when its not being shoved down your throat and over analyzed by IB.

    ReplyDelete