Sunday, July 31, 2011

One Month Old

I know, isn't that crazy? It's hard to believe that we're still alive after an entire month of no more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep.

Don't get me wrong, I think we've been pretty spoiled over here with world's best behaved kid. I think the longest he's cried so far is maybe 20 minutes. In fact, our downstairs neighbor commented yesterday that he hadn't even heard him yet (that's a relief). 

To celebrate, I just thought I would share with you three random facts we've picked up over the last month:

  • Baby fingernails grow ridiculously fast: we've cut them 4 or 5 times already.
  • Apparently, babies sleep differently that adults. I looked this one up trying to figure out getting this guy to sleep, and found an interesting article about babies' sleep cycles. It's about how they spend more time in light sleep because it's better for brain development... which is why they wake up so easily.
  • Even though our doctor says that poo that looks just like green play dough normal... it's still gross.

2 comments: