Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mobile

So for months I had this really cool plan for a baby mobile (stuffed whales!) until I realized something lame: babies see mobiles from underneath, and stuffed whales look like blobs from underneath.

So last minute I ended up ditching my theme for something that would be interesting if your vision got blurry after about 15 inches and you were underneath it.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to re-find the Etsy store that inspired it to give credit. Hers was much cuter albeit more expensive... this one cost me 0$. Paper circles, wire with embroidery floss knotted around it and string. The hoop is the rim cut off of a sour cream container with floss wrapped around and around and around it. Not a problem if you have the time for that sort of thing...which I do.

But once his vision gets better and he starts moving around that crib there will be whales... and lots of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment