Sunday, August 7, 2011

Paisley Pants

Today at church was Wesley's blessing. Despite my concerns he was very well behaved (asleep) and looked pretty darn cute if I may say so myself.
We had a ridiculously hard time trying to put together his outfit though. I really wanted a white button up shirt, but I couldn't find one in newborn size. I ended up finding this polo in 3-6 months, so it was a little big for him. I decided it needed a little something to finish it, so I made the bow-tie to dress it up a bit.
 I also made the pants, which I was nervous about because I had just enough white fabric and I've never done pants before, so I made a practice pair out of some scrap fabric. They were a little too skinny for his diaper at first so I had to add some width, but I'm pretty sure these turned out so awesome they're going to become a regular part of his wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. That is so darn cute! I love the bow tie. I'm sorry we never found a button down white shirt. Maybe I'll look for one while I'm still here and it will be for the next baby boy in the family.

    ReplyDelete