Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chalk festival 2012

It is my favorite time of year again!

September is the best for 31 reasons: One for each day that's part of my birthday month, and one for the sidewalk chalk festival!

After playing it safe&simple and fighting the rain the last couple years (2010 and 2011) we decided it that in honor of the beautiful sunny day we had we were going all out and totally complex. 

Cam even got to help once Wes crashed in the stroller. I also had some help blending my blues from a couple girls that finished their square already. I have a picture of us in process thanks to a friend passing through!
I decided to do a mashup of all of our favorite things in Portland... yes, it's Portland. I realize the Golden Gate Bridge is red (been there recently as you may recall). What other city comes with a beautiful purple mountain?

My goal next year is to completely fill our square... something we have yet to do.

Here are some of our favorites from around the block:




No comments:

Post a Comment